Looking for Something?

Friday, October 31, 2008

Fudge-based diets

DG, Teh N00b and I all went recently to a wedding in Mackinaw City, Michigan. This small tourist town has an entirely fudge and pastie based economy. (Not pastries, mind you. PASTIES. If you'd been to the UK you know what I am talking about).

But seriously, fudge everywhere. Fudge stores line the streets. Even places that don't make fudge, sell it. "Pizza! and fudge." "Fashion accessories! and fudge." "Fudge! and fudge."

Amazing. It's been a long time since I've eaten that much sugar.

Teh N00b is clearly my kid, because he would suddenly declare, whenever we were outside a fudge shop (amazing how 3-year-olds figure out which ones they are -- must be those marble slabs) that he was hungry. And he would do his little whine, "I want something to eat..."

When we got back to Chicago, I thought my attempt to exercise and lose weight would be completely shot. But I got on the scale and... I had lost another 4 pounds.

WTF?! I am going on an all fudge diet.

1 comment:

Ducks said...

We had similar luck with our 2006 Chicken-Fried-World Tour (a road trip with Robert along Route 66, on which we ate almost anything that could be chicken-fried, chicken-fried. All of us lost significant weight.) I think that one might actually become dark matter if he/she went on a chicken-fried fudge diet.