Looking for Something?

Monday, September 29, 2008

Literalist Baby

I have to share a couple of comments from Teh N00b (Mom, Dad, Brother -- this means "Squeakers" -- since you probably are wondering why the heck I sent you this link. )

The Literal Baby Phase is pretty funny.

A week ago we went to a party at a house with small kids. Teh N00b brought the indoor toys outside -- specifically, a toy bulldozer. He wanted to take it in the sandbox. I thought maybe the parents of the house wouldn't want their indoor toys full of sand (turns out, they didn't seem to mind). So I told him he couldn't play with it in the sand.

He turned to me, very serious, and said "But! It has to scoop something!"

Then yesterday we were in a restaurant. A waiter invited him and His Best Friend In the Whole World to ice cream. He brought out the ice cream and Teh N00b (with a little prompting) thanked him. Later, a different waiter came by to ask the boys if they liked their desserts. "Tell the waiter it's good," I prompted him.

"But he didn't bring it!" Teh N00b responded.

I have to hand it to him, Teh N00b has great comedic timing. I don't think I've ever seen a waiter laugh so hard!

Now we just need to get him over his stage fright. At his "Noah's Ark" puppet play, he just stood and stared at me the whole time the other kids were singing and jumping, like, "What the heck are you and all these other people doing here, anyway?"

No comments: