Looking for Something?

Friday, October 10, 2008

Humor me for one second...

I just have to say this. To someone. But you know, it's not the kind of thing I'd want to put on MySpace. So friends-o-mine, sorry.

I've mentioned before that I've been working out. But seriously, I feel great. I go to the gym 3-4 times a week, run for 40 minutes, lift some weights. Nothing very impressive, but... I've lost four pounds and one belt notch! Go me!

I'm really not, you know, a crazy weight-obsessed body-image-problem type, but you know, I feel like I'm accomplishing something. The dissertation never gives me that feeling, darn it!

OK... back to serious stuff, sorry.

4 comments:

Ben Collins-Sussman said...

If you use the google homepage portal (http://www.google.com/ig), you can add a 'gadget' that does a moving average of your weight. It's awesome.

Ducks said...

Congrats, hon. I've been very lax lately and am trying to get back on that horse. I surely feel great when I'm keeping to it.

On the other hand, I've gained control of my diet again and we're eating (at home) healthy -- CSA produce grown without pesticides or herbicides, very limited or no meat, whole grains. My mom thinks I'm unAmerican but that's tough. :) And do I feel better? Oh yes. Yes I do.

Go get 'em!

Anonymous said...

Hi guys!

I'm not sure I want Google to know my weight, to be honest! Nor do I want to obsess over it daily -- I have limited myself to only going on the scale on Mondays (and I don't own one, so I have to do this at the gym). Generally, I judge by the mirror anyway. :-)

But yeah -- eating healthy. You are both far better at that than I! But I'm trying on that front too. I do, however, refuse to give up ice cream.

And Hurray for Ducks! If being unhealthy is unAmerican, so be it!

mbet said...

You know, I don't own a scale. I keep track of my weight by how my clothes fit. If I can't wear certain things, I'm not going to be happy with my body no matter what the scale says. :) Congrats on exercising et al! I've been terrible about that lately - and I literally have cardio equipment in my bedroom. I think I'm going to have to make a post-Thanksgiving resolution.

If you give up ice cream, then the food terrorists will have won...okay, that sounds really silly, but you get the idea. Ice cream in moderation is a good thing - lots of calcium!

Exercise does tend to produce more of an immediate result than does writing drafts of a dissertation. But I suspect that you will feel utter euphoria when the dissertation is 100% done. Speaking of which, weren't you supposed to be sending me a draft to proofread/edit pretty soon?